What is OMNIGEL?
- OMNIGEL contains Diclofenac, Linseed Oil, Menthol and Methyl Salicylate
- Diclofenac sodium and methyl salicylate are non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Linseed oil is α-linolenic acid which has an anti-inflammatory action.
- Menthol induces irritation of nerve endings and has a local distracting and mild analgesic action, besides inducing a cooling sensation.
What OMNIGEL is used for?
It is used to treat,
- Diseases of the locomotor system: rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, ankylosing spondylarthritis, osteoarthrosis of peripheral joints and spinal column, osteochondrosis with radicular syndrome, sciatica)
- Rheumatic damage to soft tissues (tenosynovitis, bursitis)
- Muscular pain of rheumatic or non-rheumatic origin
- Traumatic damage to soft tissues (due to sprains, bruises)
Warning & Precautions
Talk to Doctor
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine, if you:
- Are allergic reactions (Hypersensitivity) to diclofenac, methyl salicylate or other components of the formulation
- Suffer from asthma
- Have broken skin
Pregnancy & Breast Feeding
- If you are pregnant or breast-feeding, think you may be pregnant or are planning to have a baby, ask your doctor for advice before taking this medicine
Children & Adolescents
- Do not use this medicine in children below 6 years. Use with caution in elderly patients
Tell your doctor, if you are taking:
- Acetylsalicylic acid or other NSAIDs lotion
- Aspirin cream
- Diclofenac may potentiate the action of drugs which induce photo sensitization
Directions & For Use
- For external use
- Should be applied only on unbroken skin and not on open wounds
- Occlusive dressing is not recommended after application
- Care should be taken to avoid contact with the eyes and mucous membranes
If you use more OMNIGEL
- In case of accidental ingestion, talk to a doctor or go to a hospital straight away
If you forget to use OMNIGEL
- Apply it as soon as you remember
If you stop using OMNIGEL
- Talk to your doctor before stopping this medicine
Like all medicines, this medicine can cause side effects, although not everybody gets them.
- Contact dermatitis- itching, redness, oedema of treated area of skin, papules, vesicles, peeling
- Generalized skin rash
- Allergic reactions
- Keep out of reach of children
- Do not take this medicine after the expiry date
- Store at room temperature (15-25°C)
- Do not freeze
The contents of this website are for informational purposes only and not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Please seek the advice of a physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition. Do not disregard professional medical advice or delay in seeking it because of something you have read on this website.